In the fall of 1802, Francis Asbury was on his way to conferences in Camden and Charleston and stopped in the area known as “The Trap”. This was historically a trading post on an old Indian road that ran from Virginia to Georgia. He conducted two services, one on Saturday and another on Sunday. This circuit became known as the Bush River Circuit. Three riders were appointed to travel and preach the gospel. Services were held at West’s Schoolhouse, where Forestville Church now stands. In 1844 discord within the membership caused a split in the church.
In 1856, Dacusville Methodist Church was organized with John Clark as pastor and ten members: Polly Morgan, Nance Singleton, Tommie Singleton, Timothy Keeler, Betsy Hunt, Becky Hunt, Vicie Hunt, Alzara Hunt Foster and Hulda Hunt Anderson. Services were held in a brush arbor located behind where Dacusville School now stands. Later the services were moved inside of an old log building until 1875. In 1875, the first church, a frame building, was erected on the present site. One acre was deeded as a gift by B.F. Morgan.
In August of 1886, the Charleston earthquake coincided with a service. During that service, Rev. J.C. Davis was praying that people might be moved to awaken a renewed interest in their spiritual welfare. They were certainly moved! Within two months time, 76 new members had joined the church.
On October 18, 1901, Dr. J.J. Morgan deeded a half of an acre as gift to the church; his office and home stood nearby. In 1924, the frame sanctuary was torn down and the present brick sanctuary was dedicated by Rev. Foster Speer that November.
The Woman’s Society of Christian Service was organized in June of 1928. The first president was Mrs. L.P. Thomas. In 1968 the organization became the United Methodist Women and is still active today.
In 1968, the Evangelical United Brethren Church and the Methodist Church united into one church, the United Methodist Church and Dacusville Methodist Church became Dacusville United Methodist Church. In May of the same year, the spire and vestibule were added.